Learn all the necessary skills to start lead climbing!
- Experience: Proficient top rope climber and belayer – we recommend you can top-rope 6a.
- Fitness: Any
- Confidence: Medium / High
This 3 week course will equip you with all the skills needed to climb the lead wall (purple walls). Some of the topics we will cover are:
- The art of correctly belaying for a lead climber.
- When and how to clip to keep yourself safe.
- How to catch a falling lead climber.
The course is run over 3 weekly 1½ hour sessions. Once you’ve completed the course, you will be able to confidently lead up the purple walls, giving you access to many more routes!
NB. We insist that you are confident climbing and belaying on the top-ropes. We need a minimum of 2 participants to run the course.