All children aged 16 and under need to be supervised by an adult when at The Boardroom.
NB: We now run a strict supervision ratio of two children to one adult.
If you are an experienced climber then they can be supervised by yourself. If not then they will need to be supervised by one of our instructors.
It’s just not safe to let your children play on the wall without correct supervision as climbing can be a dangerous sport.
There are a few options available to you to get your kids climbing:
- Book them onto a “Fun Session”. This is an hour long under the supervision and guidance of one of our fantastic instructors. This Fun Session is a great way to try the sport out and see if they enjoy it. Book yourself on too if you’d like to join in!
- On weekend mornings (and week days during school holidays) we run our Fun Clubs, “Caterpillars” for 5-7 years, “Funky Gibbons” for 7-11 and “Youth Climbing Club” for 12-16 year olds.
- If you’re sure your child will love climbing, or if they’ve tried climbing, enjoy it and want to progress in the sport then why not enrol them onto our Climbing Clubs.These development courses run all year round and are a great way to learn climbing or bouldering. Our Climbing Clubs deliver the NICAS (National Indoor Climbing Award Scheme) or NIBAS (National Indoor Bouldering Award Scheme), for which we are one of the countries primary centres. These awards also counts towards GCSE and D of E!Head to our Climbing Clubs page for more info and to book onto the Climbing Club Intake course to get started.
- As a parent if you do either our “Bouldering Safety Course” or our “Rope Safety Course” then you will be able to bring your child climbing by yourself. With the safety knowledge and skills learnt you will not require one of our instructors to instruct your child. It also gets you involved in your child’s sport, and you never know you might enjoy climbing yourself!
- We also do amazing kids birthday parties!